Social Icons

emailtumblrYouTubetwitterlast.fmSloundCloudMixCloud

Monday 23 April 2012

Alt-J

Alt-J (England)

OK, first things first – the band’s name originates from a keyboard shortcut on Mac – Alt-J gives you Delta. Now you know. Alt-J gives you nothing on PC, and to find the Delta you need to go into symbols and then windings3 (windings????? never mind….). Oh wait – they used to be called Films. Prince comes to mind. Oh no, sorry – the “symbol”. Or is it Prince again? I need strong coffee, brb.

OK sorry, enough band name rants (can you tell this is the first entry after Flashguns -.-)

Another band of wunderkinds – four specimens. What do people feed their children nowadays? Stops digressing.

I hear DnB influence – and that’s as far as I can go without peeking into what someone else said. The sound is very mature; these young ones know exactly what they are doing. It’s refreshing, I like it and you may, too, if similarly inclined. Their first album “An Awesome Wave” will be released end of May (Yay!).

Go to their soundcloud page to find a plethora of mixes remixes and rereremixes of various tunes. On their official site - they encourage fans to download and remix their tunes. The net world buzzeth with articles about them, go forth and read (get ready for a lot of triangles).

Their debut single Tessalate (what’s Tessalate, btw?)

2 comments:

  1. Fishie...Im guessing from your name you might be an Architect. So I thought it safe to assume that you would know the term for creating a 2D plane by using recurring geometric shapes without overlapping them. A honeycomb being a perfect example..I wanna tessellate tiles on my front veranda. (Sad but true, but Ill be listening to my tunes when Im doing it). What an educational experience blogging can be LOL.

    Its also probably going to be noted, that its taken me a while to read this blog post properly and have a listen to the tracks. Im glad I did. Very interesting and enjoyable.

    Great to hear a new band, searching for a different sound. In Fitzpleasure though, I wish they hadnt jumped around with the style of tune so many times in the same track. Seemed a bit mashy and disjointed. Or am i just being a bit of a grandpa?

    I enjoyed the ghost remix a lot more (Good job bretonLABS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are being a bit of a grandpa, young band searching for their forte from tune to tune or within a tune is not something that irks me. And you know very well what I do for a living mister – I haven’t tessellated yet. But thank you, being foreign I reserve the right not to know every word of your language :P a mogu ja i ovako da pisem, pa bi se razumeli, ali ne, sa ili bez maltera. <3

      Delete

 

TICP - Volume 5 - Sadly the last one


IndieTernational - Germany

IndieTernational - India

Grab It: Cross Wires #supportindie

IndieTernational - Greece

IndieTernational - Italy

Debut: Blockhouse Bay #supportindie

M O S C O W M E T R O - COSMOS

IndieTernational - Finland